Spirit of St. Louis Women’s Fund presents
DISCOVERING OUR COMMUNITY 2012
EXPLORING THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
in the St. Louis Community
Sponsored by the Greater St. Louis Community Foundation and Edward Jones.
When: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 5 PM until 7:30 PM
Where: Edward Jones Headquarters Auditorium, 12555 Manchester Rd St. Louis, MO 63131
Light Refeshments Served
Expert discussion delving into issues critical to the St. Louis Region:
- Why is early childhood education important to the community?
- What is its economic effect on the region?
- What is being done to help?
- How can we make a difference?
This special educational event is open to SOS Women’s Fund members, their guests and the general public as an opportunity to learn more about our community, its needs, and SOS Women’s Fund.
Speakers to include:
- Joy M. Rouse– Director Early Education, Ferguson Florsissant School District; Former Deputy Director, Parents as Teacher National Center
- Elizabeth George– Vice President, Deaconess Foundation; Co-Chair Regional Early Childhood Council
- Doug Rasmussen– Senior Vice President Business Development, St. Louis Economic Council; Co-Chair Regional Early Childhood Council
- Jonathan Freiden– CEO, Constructive Playthings; Founder, Alliance for Childhood Education (ACE)
Questions or additional information, contact the Greater Saint Louis Community Foundation- 314.880.4962. Registration Form Online- www.soswomensfund.org. Registration is $25 per person.
The Spirit of St. Louis Women’s Fund (SOS) strengthens the St. Louis community through informed, focused grantmaking by educating and inspiring women to engage in significant giving.