In 2012, Citi celebrates its 200th anniversary. In case you didn’t know, Citi has actually been in Missouri for over 100 years! Yesterday, Citi invited its community partners out to their O’Fallon office for a birthday party- cake and all. The team at Citi is using their special anniversary as an opportunity to reflect on its history and prepare for its future both in Missouri and around the world. It was fascinating to learn about Citi’s rich history and specifically it’s history of involvement in the local communities it serves.
Citi employs over 4,000 people in its St. Louis offices and these employees give back both their time and their dollars to the local community. Some highlights of their involvement include:
- Citi employees logged 47,550 volunteer hours in 2011 at an approximated value of $1.00MM. This means that Citi-St. Louis is Citi’s largest volunteer site in the entire world for the 3rd consecutive year!
- 142 St. Louis area employees qualifies for the President’s Volunteer Service Award by providing at least 100 hours of volunteer service in 2011.
- Citi provided $1.00MM to local nonprofits through grants, scholarships, contributions, and employee campaigns.
- The jeans program provided $175,883 to area charities in 2011, bringing total donated in the St. Louis area to approximately $1.8MM since program implementation.
- Citi, through the Citi Foundation and employee pledges provided over $520,000 to the United Way of Greater St. Louis.
These are just a few of the amazing accomplishments of Citi in our community. Click here to see more. To help celebrate it’s 200th birthday, Citi-St. Louis is underway with a new program- 200 Acts of Kindness. It is encouraging its employees to engage in random acts of kindness with each other and the community at large. The idea is to “pay it forward” and ask whomever you bestow the kindness upon to go forward and spread the spirit of kindness. This Saturday, over 1200 local Citi employees will volunteer their time as part of Citi’s global volunteer day.
The Gateway Center for Giving is proud to have Citi as a member and enjoyed being there to help them celebrate their amazing accomplishments.