The Gateway Center for Giving blog is for sharing, storytelling, and raising awareness about the issues affecting our community and our sector.
In an age of ever emerging forms of media and communication, the Center is extending its services to the sector through our blog and other forms of social media.
In order to support the existing programs offered for our grantmaking members, the Blog will be an extension of their learning and conversation as well as an outlet for nonprofits to provide valuable information on topics about and of interest to grantmakers.
We also will support a conversation among nonprofits as it relates to our programming for them, Including:
- Meet the Donor Program offered several times each year to facilitate a conversation about trends and practices within organized grantmaking to the nonprofits who are most effected by those ideas, trends, and changes.
- Will to Give is another program the Center convenes several times annually to train nonprofits how to educate their donors about the benefits of charitable bequest giving.
The Center Blog will be an extension of those topics and conversations as well as a place where new thoughts and ideas can be expressed between the nonprofit and the foundation world.
This is NOT an “event posting” site or a place to get your gala table filled. We want to learn about the groundbreaking initiatives and programs being led by our nonprofit and funder community.
Who Can Contribute
- Center Staff
- Center Members (with staff review and approval for posting)
- Non-member Grantmaking Foundations in the region (with staff review and approval for posting)
- Nonprofits and Operating Foundations in the region (with staff review and approval for posting no more than 4 times per year per nonprofit)
Scope of the Blog
- Foundation and nonprofit news and major events (provided by Center Staff and the community)
- Grantmaker Recognition- nonprofits can submit entries that share the ways in which local foundations have supported their programs through their grants. (provided by Nonprofits)
- Opinions and commentary regarding local and national philanthropy news (provided by Center Staff)
- Grantmaking updates (provided by Member Grantmakers)
Code of Conduct
The Gateway Center for Giving staff will administer and manage the blog and has the final say regarding what does and does not get posted. The Center also reserves the right to edit content. While we welcome and encourage submissions from the community, we expect those who want to contribute to the blog to be respectful of other organizations and people in the community. Blog entries and comments that are disparaging to another organization or person will be deleted.
How to Contribute
- Those interested in contributing to our blog should email email@example.com or Lindsey@centerforgiving.org with a word attachment of their blog entry as well as any images they would like attached to the post.
- The subject of the email should be “Blog entry- Submitter’s Name, Organization”. Example- “Blog entry- Lindsey Linzer, Gateway Center for Giving”.
- Please try to keep post to 300 words or less.
- If you have questions about your entry please contact Lindsey Linzer at 314-621-6220 or Lindsey@centerforgiving.org.