Citi in St Louis is proud of what we are able to do in the community from volunteerism to community advocacy to the grant and sponsorship dollars that we are able to give in 2010. We would like to share with you some of our highlights.
Our greatest asset is our employees and we are so proud of all that they do in the community and their generosity to support programs and projects that Citi supports.
We continue to support:
- Microfinance and Enterprise Development
Purpose: to help individuals and families improve their lives through economic self-sufficiency, to reduce.
- Financial Capability and Asset Building
Purpose: to provide individuals with access to knowledge and ongoing support to adopt positive financial behaviors and accumulate and preserve financial assets.
- College Success
Purpose: to generate a sustainable increase in the number of low-to-moderate income and first generation students who enroll in post secondary education and earn a degree.
A few of our 2010 highlights :
- Citi employees logged 46,730 volunteer hours for 2010. This expertise has an estimated value of approximately $1MM, according to the Independent Sector. These statistics make Citi-St. Louis, Citi’s largest volunteer site in the entire world.
- 136 St. Louis area employees qualified for the President’s Volunteer Service Award by providing at least 100 hours of volunteer service during 2010.
- Citi provided $1MM to local non-profits through grants, sponsorships, contributions and employee campaigns.
- Our jeans program provided $182,709 for 2010, bringing total donated in the St. Louis area to over $1.6MM since program creation in 1999.
- Citi, through the Citi Foundation and employee pledges, provided over $500,000 to the United Way of Greater St. Louis.
- Citi employees participate on more than 30 boards and committees.
- Our financial capability and asset building initiatives reached over 30,000 people, primarily youth in the St. Louis area.
Community recognition through various community awards:
- Urban League (Award of Merit)
- Herbert Hoover Boys and Girls Club (National Award of Merit)
- Red Cross (Certificate of Appreciation)
- Habitat St Charles (Builder’s Award)
- Magic House (Friend to Kids Award)
- YWCA (Volunteer Award)
Our Progress Point facility became LEED certified in 2010. It is Citi’s first LEED Existing Building EB Certification, the largest LEED EB Certification in the state of Missouri, and only the third LEED EB in Missouri.
- Click here for the Citi in St. Louis 2010 Highlights.
- Click here for the Citi in the Community St. Louis Spring 2011 Newsletter.
If you have questions about Citi Community Development in Missouri please contact Melanie DiLeo at email@example.com.