Once again, Missouri has been devastated by a major storm this spring. This time, Joplin, Missouri was hit by a tornado that has killed at least 116 people and left over 2,000 buildings damaged.
We are in the process of gathering information from our member grantmakers on their response to the storm. We urge our members (and others in the community) to let us know how you are helping and plan to help.
- American Red Cross- St. Louis Area Chapter
- American Red Cross Newsroom
- Salvation Army
- Joplin City Website
- United Way 2-1-1
- Heart of Missouri United Way
- How You Can Help Joplin Relief Efforts
- Missouri Foundation for Health– Providing emergency grants for health organizations.
- Nestle Purina PetCare Company– Giving pet food.
- Sprint Foundation– Giving $100K to the American Red Cross.
- St. Louis Cardinals– Donating $25,000 to Convoy of Hope.
- General Mills Foundation– Giving $50K to American Red Cross Southwest Missouri.
- Anheuser- Busch– Donating over 2,000 cases of water for relief workers and residents of Joplin.
- Laclede Gas– Matching gifts program with employees.
- WalMart– Pledged $1 million for relief efforts.
- Home Depot– Pledged $1 million for relief efforts.
- Ameren Missouri– Donating $25K to the American Red Cross in Joplin.
- Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield– Giving $50K to the American Red Cross.
- Wells Fargo Advisors– Donation of $30K to the United Way of Southwestern Missouri.
- Bank of America– $200K will go toward recovery efforts.
- AT&T– $50K to the Greater Ozarks Regional Chapter of the American Red Cross.
- Verizon Wireless– $50K to the Greater Ozarks Chapter of the American Red Cross.
- Commerce Bank (William T. Kemper Foundation and Commerce Bancshares Foundation)- $50K to the Greater Ozarks Chapter of the American Red Cross.
- Citi– Jeans Day sales for the month of June with proceeds going to the Red Cross and the United Way to help victims from all recent storms.
- Regional Business Council– $50K to the United Way of Joplin.
- ConocoPhillips– $50K to the American Red Cross.
- Enterprise Holdings Foundation– $50K to the American Red Cross.
- BNSF Foundation– $100K to the American Red Cross.
- Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores– $150K to the United Way.
- Ford Motor Company– $50K to Feeding America.
- General Motors– $100K to the American Red Cross.
- Kohl’s– $150K to the American Red Cross.
- Trio- $5K to Planned Parenthood of Joplin.
- Mercy– $500K for St. John’s Hospital in Joplin.