As a key partner in the maternal and child health community, you can be part of identifying people or organizations that have been exemplary in advancing the health of women and children in the St. Louis region. Please submit nominees for the Standing Up for Mothers and Babies Awards in the following categories:
- Dr. Terry Leet Researcher Award – This category is named in memory of Dr. Terry Leet, MCFHC board member and public health leader. Previous recipients: 2009 – Terry Leet PhD; 2010 – Louise Flick DrPH
- Corporate/Philanthropic – This category is for an individual or institution that has had a demonstrable community impact on maternal and child health. Previous recipients: 2009 Deaconess Foundation; 2010 – Schnucks Markets and March of Dimes
- Provider/Practitioner Champion– This category is for an individual or institution that provides direct health or community services and uses their knowledge/practice to advocate for improvements in maternal and child health. Previous recipients: 2009 – D. Michael Nelson, MD; 2010 – Corinne Walentik, MD, MPH and Helen Risse RN, MSN
- Community Champion – This category is for a volunteer, consumer or front line employee who exemplifies a commitment to the health of mothers and babies.
- Emerging MCH Leader– This category is for a student, recent graduate, or professional early in their career who demonstrates a commitment to maternal and child health and holds promise as a future leader. Previous recipient: 2010 – Brandii Mayes, MPH