FOCUS St. Louis® invites you to be part of a unique regional celebration once again! The 15th annual What’s Right with the Region! (WRWR) awards celebration will recognize success stories from throughout the greater St. Louis region. We delight in this opportunity to applaud the outstanding accomplishments achieved by those working so hard for the greater good of this region.
On Thursday, May 3, 2012, we expect that over 500 citizens will join us to applaud the outstanding efforts of 20 individuals and organizations. The prestigious Leadership Award will be presented to Rev. Jerry Paul, former Executive Director of the Deaconess Foundation.
We are proud to say that “What’s Right with the Region!” is a true and uplifting, regional celebration. With the help of media sponsors St. Louis Public Radio 90.7 | KWMU, KMOV-TV, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, we will issue a call for nominations throughout the community and then spread the news about the “winners” who are having a positive and significant impact on the St. Louis region.
Demonstrating Innovative Solutions
- Special Needs Registry – Department of Human Services, City of St. Louis
- Judy Sindecuse, CEO/Manager, Capital Innovators
- America SCORES St. Louis
- Better Living Communities
- Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation
Fostering Regional Cooperation
- Great Circle
- CityArchRiver 2015 Foundation & National Park Service
- St. Louis Alliance for Reentry (STAR)
- St. Louis Graduates
- St. Louis County, Office of Community Development & Laclede Gas Company
Improving Racial Equality & Social Justice
- SIUE East St. Louis Center
- Places at Page
- Deborah Nelson-Linck, Curator – The Hands on Black History Museum
- Gateway Men’s Chorus
- “The Pruitt-Igoe Myth” – Paul Fehler, Producer
Promoting Stronger Communities
- St. Louis Area Foodbank
- Herbert Hoover Boys & Girls Club, Inc.
- KDHX Community Media
- After School for All Partnership (ASAP)
- St. Louis Community Credit Union
For a complete listing of past honorees, click here.