“Before Disaster Strikes: Lessons from Joplin”
Nonprofit Missouri, the collective voice to unite, strengthen and advance the nonprofit sector in Missouri, will be holding its annual professional development conference for nonprofit professionals on June 13 and 14. At just $75.00 for members and $100.00 for non-members, this is one of the most affordable professional development opportunities for Missouri’s nonprofit professionals.
The 2011 Joplin tornado showed the importance of nonprofits building and strengthening relationships and support systems. This conference will feature workshops presented on a variety of related topics and other pertinent subjects, as well as prominent keynote speakers on topical
The conference will feature workshops on:
- Information Technology
- Leadership and Board Management
- Risk Management
- Relationships With and Roles of Funders
- Disaster Preparedness
- Space Crisis Planning
Keynote speakers are:
- CJ Huff– the Joplin schools superintendent. Click here to watch Huff speak about coping with the 2011 tornado and the future of the district.
- Carol Weisman– teaches fundraising, governance, and volunteerism for nonprofits. To view Carol talk about the content and goals of her speaking engagements, click here.
There will be several special events at the conference, including:
- A reception honoring the nonprofit organizations of Joplin for their service following the 2011 tornado
- Opportunities to network with nonprofit professionals from across the state
- A breakfast panel on collaboration and relationships in good times and in bad
- And more!