St. Louis area foundations are charitable year-round and the past few months have been no exception. Below are some highlights of the major gifts that were made thus far this spring in the St. Louis region.
- May 2012- Emerson donates $500,000 to Shearwater Education Foundation
- May 2012- Emerson grants $50,000 to four St. Louis schools
- May 2012- The Regional Arts Commission announces it awarded 186 grants totaling more than $2.9 million.
- May 2012- Monsanto donates $250,000 to Opportunity International
- May 2012- Monsanto donates $1 million for UMSL community education center
- May 2012- PNC Foundation donates $500,000 to 17 area organizations
- May 2012- Arch Grants Names 15 Winners
- May 2012- U.S. Bank donates $250,000 to Central Library project
- May 2012- Wells Fargo Advisors gives $5.4 million to Washington U.
- April 2012- Nonprofits Win $120,000 in YouthBridge Social Enterprise & Innovation Competition
- April 2012- Wells Fargo Advisors donates $150,000 to Opera Theatre
- April 2012- Monsanto Announces House Rabbit Society of Missouri the Winner of Grow St. Louis Contest
- Mar 2012- Lutheran Foundation Hits $90 Million in Grants Awarded
- March 2012- Spirit of St. Louis Fund Impact Report to the Community
- Feb 2012- Boeing gives $1 million for charity care at Mercy
- Feb 2012- Peabody and Emerson Gifts to Arch Grants
- Feb 2012- City Academy receives $1.5 million for school’s expansion from Jack Taylor
- Feb 2012- Citi in St. Louis 2011
- Feb 2012- Missouri Foundation for Health: A Decade of Impact
Did we forget to include a major gift your organization gave (or received)? Please let us know! We are always looking to recognize the generosity of our region’s grantmakers.
We update our facebook page regularly with grant news from around the region. Be sure to like us so you can stay up to date on the region’s giving news!