Our mission is to strengthen and expand philanthropy by promoting impactful and innovative practices.
We envision a thriving region in which a robust philanthropic community and effective nonprofits collaboratively advance the quality of life for all.
The Gateway Center for Giving helps donors do more.
- We strengthen philanthropy and promote community impact by providing programming, research, technical assistance, and professional development opportunities to grantmaking organizations in the St. Louis region.
- We provide donors with networking opportunities with peers and community leaders to share information and resources, build understanding, and foster collaboration.
- We offer quality information, research and skill-building programs to ensure effective and accountable use of charitable dollars.
- We enhance regional leadership through information on community needs and philanthropic best practices, supporting collaborative action to help address our region’s most pressing issues.
Regional Association of Grantmakers
The Gateway Center is part of a network of organizations called regional associations of grantmakers. Over 30 regional associations exist across the country, connecting all types of grantmakers in a specific geographic location to improve the quality of life of individuals and communities in that area. A regional association’s membership can include a variety of grantmaking institutions and programs, including:
- Community foundations
- Corporate grantmakers
- Family foundations
- Independent and private foundations
- Public foundations